Monday, October 6, 2014

Vitamin D. It does a body good.

For the past few years my body has been seriously deficient in vitamin D. My doctor had advised me to take 3,000 iu of D3 every day. So I started off on a high note, taking it every day for a week. And then I'd take it sporadically until I just didn't take it at all. 

I've never really taken any vitamins or supplements consistently. Until now. I now take a whole food multi-vitamin three times a day and 2000 iu of D3 once a day.  Remembering to take something three times a day can be daunting. So I keep a stash on my desk at work and I have a reminder pop up on my calendar. So far, it's working pretty well. 

I know that diets lacking in animal products can lead to a B12 deficiency, so  I've added that to my grocery list this week and will pick it up in the next few days. 

I'm hoping that with my plant based diet, and addition of vitamins, my energy level will increase. 

What vitamins, minerals, supplements do you take?  What are the benefits?  Have they changed the way you feel?

No comments:

Post a Comment