Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Agua, Mayim, WATER!!!!

How many times have we all heard, or read, how important it is to stay hydrated?

It's probably my biggest downfall. 

The human body is 50 to 65 percent water.  All human bodily systems depend on water in order to function properly.  Studies indicate that proper hydration improves skin health, digestion, and metabolism, among a long list of other things.  It flushes.  It cleanses.  It's refreshing. 

But I find it so hard to drink water.  And I don't know why.  I can get into bed at night and recall that all I've had to drink that day is a cup of tea in the morning, half a glass of water with lunch. and half a glass of water with dinner.  This happens more often than not. 

There are different theories out there stating how much water one should drink on a daily basis.  64 oz a day?  10 glasses?  1 oz for every pound you weigh (I'd never be able to put a glass down)?

For me, the answer is simple. Here's how much I need each day: MORE. 

So right now, I pledge to drink MORE. 

I bought a glass drinking bottle and I'll be able to fill it up at work with filtered water.

So my question to you...what helps you to stay properly hydrated every day?  What are your tips for drinking more water throughout the day? 

No comments:

Post a Comment